Children are gifts, blessings from heaven. How absolutely blessed I am to have 4 of these fantastic creatures in my life. And even more lucky am I to have another one on the way. But getting there, to that sweet bundle of joy - at least for me - is less than joyful. And this is my outlet..........

Friday, August 20, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere

So drink it all up with lots of ice!
I have found that, during this pregnancy, ice water seems to help slightly. I can't go anywhere without a glass. I always have one in the car with me. I have a glass of ice water when I go to church or any store. My trips to the library are brief enough that I can leave the water in the car. All that liquidy cold goodness seems to stave off the nausea just a little bit. At least while I am in the act of drinking. I have not thrown up once right after downing a good bit of water. It also helps a lot once you do throw up to neutralize the acidity of vomit. I know that more because what happens when I haven't been drinking enough than when I do. But anyway - it can't hurt (other than if your access to a restroom is limited), there are no calories, sugar, etc. Just good all around. However, I have found that it MUST be a GLASS with ICE. None of that bottled junk for me. It just isn't cold enough.
lemon slice optional

No comments:

Post a Comment