Children are gifts, blessings from heaven. How absolutely blessed I am to have 4 of these fantastic creatures in my life. And even more lucky am I to have another one on the way. But getting there, to that sweet bundle of joy - at least for me - is less than joyful. And this is my outlet..........

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Running and working up a sweat - more than just excercise

I had the strange sensation today of wanting to throw up and not doing so! It was amazing! And I do believe the circumstances around this phenomena is what triggered such a reaction.
Not to brag, but I have a big house. It's not fancy or anything, just big and sprawling. And different - one side (we call it the new side) was an addition built in the 80's/90's (no one is really sure - not even the gentleman who helped build the addition) for an aging mother in law. So I was in the new side and felt it coming on and realized one of my children was in the only bathroom on the new side.

So I broke into a run and started towards the old side of the house (built around 1895 and it actually used to be a barn - actually as many locals would correct me - the carriage house for the Lithia Springs hotel {fyi : here and picture here})
and sprinted up the stairs - yes all 16 of them

to my bathroom.
And once I got there - poised on the toilet with trash can in hand (told you it was icky and yucky) I couldn't throw up.
I was amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I don't know if I should go running through the house once I feel the urge to hurl, but I just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment